Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Italy on film

My life has been insane as of late.  As you may, or may not know.  My wife and I recently took a trip to Italy and Spain.  And it was beyond amazing.  While there, aside from the hundreds, possibly thousands of digital images.  I shot a roll of B&W film.  It was all shot on a Pentax K1000 with a 50mm f/2 lens. This was the camera I first started playing with as a child, trying to figure out what all the numbers dials and buttons did.

Anyway, I decided to post some scans of the film.  As with my current editing schedule, I will not have to opportunity to get to the digital photos for god knows how long.  These are straight scans, no Photoshop or Lightroom adjustments.  Enjoy, and keep your eyes peeled for a new announcement, that I'm really hoping to not push off much longer.















I should note... these were all shot in Rome.  I ran out of film by the time we got to Barcelona.  Rome was better anyway.

4 comments:

Jessica Schilling April 1, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

These are all so beautiful. I went to Italy in 2000, and just looking at these makes me want to go back right now.

Kyle April 3, 2011 at 2:54 PM  

Amazing travel photos, Dennis! Too bad you didn't have more film for Barcelona too!

PS. What's your announcement? Spill!

Amber Hughes April 12, 2011 at 6:23 PM  

I've been dying to get to Italy for years - this just made that need even worse! ;)

canvas prints November 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM  

i enjoyed looking at your photos. very stunning.

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP