Monday, December 6, 2010

Khadija & Ike: Brooklyn Botanical Gardens Engagement

The day I shot Khadija and Ike's Engagement session was an odd one.  First off, it was 60 degrees and sunny in November... awesome. Next, I generally avoid driving in NYC like it's the plague, so I strapped about 60 pounds worth of gear to my back and decided to rely on public transportation, which failed me at every turn. Then, a little frustrated, I met up with Khadija and Ike, and all my frustration melted away.  They are two of the nicest, most genuine people you could ever want to meet, and on top of that, complete naturals in front of the camera. They also have a great story about how they met, and Ike had one of the smoothest proposal stories I've ever heard.  "... the only thing he would change about her is her last name."  We had a great time walking around The Botanical Gardens and then the quick walk over to Grand Army Plaza.  I ended the day with a sore back, feet on fire, and a big smile on my face.  I love my job.

































11 comments:

Brian Kraft December 6, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

Great stuff! Very rich colors. Great compositions. Awesome off-camera flash work.

Kyle December 6, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

Stunning colors! You did awesome work, Dennis!

Kat Forsyth December 6, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

Look at all those awesome colours in the backgrounds! Simply gorgeous. And I love your silhouette shots too.

Cathy and David December 6, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

Absolutely beautiful colors in this. Well done. :)

Az December 6, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

Great set of images Dennis, the colours pop!

Shyann December 6, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

Awesome stuff Dennis! I particularly love the colors in the second shot!! All of them are great though!! :)

Darko December 6, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

Great work - everything is perfect. Gorgeous couple, interesting compositions and locations and great use of light.

Amanda Basteen December 7, 2010 at 12:57 AM  

Great job! Love the last shot the most!

Heather December 7, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

Stellar!!! I adore that second shot under the arch. The lighting and vivid colors in this session is awesome! Well done!

Alex December 9, 2010 at 11:13 PM  

Your colours are exquisite :) Love your work!

Sam April 2, 2011 at 3:48 AM  

lovely stuff, awesome silhouettes!

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP